FYI… As most of you are aware, the Carlyle area as well as the west end of Old Town experienced another power outage yesterday morning. We lost power at approximately 5:30 am – it was restored at approximately 7:45 am. Dominion Power customer service informed us that the outage was necessary to correct problems in [...]
Archive | Featured RSS feed for this section
Many intersections remain dark and continue to be dangerous – please treat these as 4 way stops as the law requires. The police are still spread too thin to cover all of the intersections.
Coca-Cola is calling people out to their favorite park to vote this summer in the third-annual America Is Your Park campaign. Your vote can help John Carlyle Square Park win the title of “America’s Favorite Park” and a $100,000 recreation grant from Coca-Cola.
Will John Carlyle Square Park take home the big prize this year? You decide!
These eight city streets remain closed in Alexandria, Va.:
- Mosby Street at West Mount Ida Avenue
- Roosevelt Street at Scroggins Street
- 1800 block of Russell Road
- 2200 block of Beauregard Street
- 200 block of Queen Street
- 100 block of North West Street
- 300 block of Alabama Avenue
- 2700 block of Kenwood Avenue
The streets are closed because fallen trees have become entangled with power lines and, for safety reasons cannot be cleared until crews from Dominion Power are available. Residents are advised to be patient and to stay away from these streets until further notice.
In honor of the current heat wave we find ourselves in here’s Martha Reeves & the Vandellas (See The Definitive Collection).
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for the entire Washington, DC metropolitan region, including the City of Alexandria, for today, Saturday, June 30, 2012. Excessive heat could last through July 5. On Saturday, temperatures are expected to reach near 100 degrees. The hot temperatures, combined with high humidity, will cause heat indices to approach 110 degrees.
The National Weather Service has issued a Severe Thunderstorm Warning for the City of Alexandria until 11:15 p.m. Residents should be prepared for a line of severe thunderstorms are capable of producing damaging winds, large hail, and gusts in excess of 75 MPH. Take precautions and stay indoors.
Subscribe / Connect
Click here to subscribe to our posts via a daily email.
- John Carlyle Square Park & Dog Park Update August 21, 2009
- 7-Eleven Store @ John Carlyle Square July 1, 2009
- We're Back Baby! Site Is Almost Back Up Fully August 31, 2011
- City Council Screws Carlyle Over Parking October 28, 2010
- Carlyle Dog Park Construction Set to Begin July 16, 2008
- Prince Street One Lane at Henry Street April 22, 2013
- City Hall Fountain On – Will Carlyle’s Be This Year April 21, 2013
- Top Cities With The Most People Who Move April 19, 2013
- Consider Springing Into ACTion on April 17! (Video) April 13, 2013
- Jerry’s Sub Carlyle Franchise Has Closed April 5, 2013